Our Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, enCompass, offers flexibility and unsurpassed ease-of-use.
The most intuitive system for transitioning to and continued use of ICD10 for diagnoses.
Fully certified with simplified workflows to assist providers in meeting MU objectives ease.
Benefits of EHR technology
EMR vs EHR
Electronic Medical Records (EMR)The legal record of the CDO
A record of clinical services for patient encounters in a CDO
Owned by the CDO
These systems are being sold by enterprise vendors and installed by hospitals, health systems, clinics, etc.
May have patient access to some results info through a portal but is not interactive
Does not contain other CDO encounter information
Electronic Health Records (EHR)Subset (i.e. CCR or CCD) of information from various CDOs where patient has had encounters
Owned by patient or stakeholder
Community, state, or regional emergence today (RHIOs) - or nationwide in the future
Provides interactive patient access as well as the ability for the patient to append information
Connected by NHIN
Definitions: CDO = Care Delivery Organization; CCR = Continuity of Care Record; CCD = Continuity of Care Document; NHIN = National Health Information Network
*Tables retrieved from http://www.himssanalytics.org/.
Although much has changed, including technology, since 2006, these definitions still stand true to the differences between EMR and EHR.
ONC Certifications of Compliance
2015 Edition Certification
- Arête Healthcare Services, LLC
- Product Name: enCompass
- Product Version: 4.0
- Certification Number: IG-3953-18-0014
- Certification Date: 3/20/2018
- Criteria Certified: 170.315(a)(1-5, 9, 10, 12-15); 170.315(b)(1-3, 6); 170.315(c)(1-3); 170.315(d)(1-9, 11); 170.315(e)(1-3); 170.315(f)(1, 2, 5-7); 170.315(g)(2-9); 170.315(h)(1)
- Clinical Quality Measures Certified: CMS2v7; CMS22v6; CMS50v6; CMS68v7; CMS69v6; CMS122v6; CMS124v6; CMS125v6; CMS127v6; CMS130v6; CMS131v6; CMS134v6; CMS138v6; CMS139v6; CMS147v7; CMS165v6
- Additional Software: Surescripts
Costs and Limitations
- Electronic Prescribing [Relevant certification criteria: §§170.315.b.3] - This functionality allows providers to send unlimited prescriptions electronically to pharmacies and receive unlimited refill requests from pharmacies. Providers may pay an annual or monthly subscription fee ongoing based on their preference. No contractual limitations.
- Reporting to Immunization Registries [Relevant certification criteria: §§ 170.315.f.1] - This functionality allows providers to send immunizations electronically to state immunization registries. Providers may pay an annual or monthly subscription fee ongoing based on their preference. No contractual limitations.
- Receiving/Transmitting Transition of Care Summaries [Relevant certification criteria: §§ 170.315.b.1 and 170.315.h.1] - This functionality allows users to send and receive Direct-based messages to/from other users of certified health IT systems. Direct messages may include clinical data, notes, and other information. Providers may pay a monthly fee ongoing for Direct messaging service. Users will be limited to exchange Direct Messages with users and 3rd party Health Information Service Providers (HISPs) that have a trust agreement with Surescripts.
ONC CERTIFIED HIT® is a registered trademark of HHS